Department Highlights and News
- Congratulations to Ron Conlon, Ph.D. for being awarded the School of Medicine 2015 Kaiser-Permanente Excellence in Teaching Award! The Kaiser-Permanente Excellence in Teaching Award is given at commencement to faculty members who demonstrate exceptional commitment to the education of medical students. The winners of the award are chosen by the students and the award is given to two pre-clinical and two clinical faculty members from the University and College Tracks.
- Congratulations to Drew Adams, Ph.D., Fulai Jin, Ph.D., and Yan Li, Ph.D. for receiving the 2015 Mt. Sinai Scholar award! Mt. Sinai Scholar is a distinguished honor in recognition of their potential.The Mt. Sinai Scholars Program enables the school to attract talented researchers to its basic science departments, bolstering research programs in physiology and biophysics, genetics, molecular biology and microbiology, neuroscience, pathology, nutrition, biochemistry and pharmacology. Researchers supported by the Mt. Sinai Scholars Program have gone to successfully garner more than $12 million in external federal and foundation grants.
- Congratulations to Lana Pollock, Anne Smolko, Rachel Stagemann, and Jacob Wisotsky on winning poster presentation awards at the 38th CWRU Biomedical Graduate Student symposium on May 8, 2015.
- Congrats to first author Fadi Najm and the entire Tesar Lab on their paper published in Nature on multiple sclerosis therapeutics-
"Drug-based modulation of endogenous stem cells promotes functional remyelination in vivo"
- Congratulations to George Aranjuez for receiving the first place poster award at the 56th Annual Drosophila Research Conference, March 4-8, 2015 in Chicago.